This Christmas I keep thinking of the classic Christmas song, "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas." It has made me think why we have a "merry" Christmas. I believe it is because of Jesus Christ.
These are a few thoughts I have had about Him this Christmas season. They are more precious to me than any gift I have ever received. I am so grateful for these things:
I am grateful that Christ gives me peace when no one and nothing else can.
I am grateful for a Savior that comforts me. I am grateful that He is with me when I cry and knows exactly how each one of those tears feels.
I am grateful that Christ rejoices with me, that He wants always and forever the best for me.
I am grateful that Christ is my Redeemer. To redeem is "to compensate for faults or bad aspects of something." How grateful I am that Christ redeems me.
I am grateful that He helps me forgive others. I think it is one of the best feelings in the world to forgive and that feeling is possible because of Jesus Christ.
I am grateful for Christ's grace and that with Him I am enabled, strengthened to do things and believe things that I never could on my own. His grace is so empowering and it helps me be courageous and progress.
I am grateful that Christ delivers us.
I am grateful that Christ is everlastingly kind.
I am grateful that Christ is all powerful and all knowing and that He sees the end from the beginning.
I am grateful that I can always trust Christ even though I sometimes struggle to.
I am grateful that Christ recognizes my efforts.
I am grateful that Christ cares more about my progress than my comfort.
I am grateful that there is always hope in Christ.
I am so grateful that God sent His son, Jesus Christ, to be born in a humble stable. I am grateful for His life, His death and resurrection. I am grateful that He never leaves me, is always there to help me and always will be. And I am grateful that I have the opportunity to some day return and live with Him again forever. What a glorious day that will be!
"Oh, come, let us adore him, Christ, the Lord."
Merry Christmas! :)
"Redeem" Oxford Dictionaries. https://www.bing.com/search?q=redeem&form=EDGTCT&qs=PF&cvid=669b9626a7564af19bbeb7bcd2847cf7&cc=US&setlang=en-US&PC=DCTE. 18 Dec 2017.


Wonderful Heidi! I appreciate your strength and testimony of our Savior.
ReplyDelete