Saturday, June 18, 2016

What Happens to Us After This LIfe?

God’s Plan of Happiness for Us (Part 2)


What happens to us after this life? Where do we go? Will we see our families and others that we love again? God’s plan of happiness for us also answers these questions.
When we die our bodies are buried and our spirits go to a place called the spirit world. In the spirit world those people who did not obey or did not have the opportunity to hear about Jesus Christ and His teachings will be taught those things. They will have the opportunity to accept those teachings in the spirit world. I am so grateful that there is an opportunity after this life for those that did not obey or did not hear about the gospel to hear it and accept it in the spirit world.
Our bodies and spirits will be reunited in what is called the resurrection. They will be restored to their perfect frame. Once we are resurrected we will be judged by God according to our actions, words and thoughts during this life. His judgement will be perfect-perfectly just and perfectly merciful.
According to God’s judgement we will go to one of three kingdoms-the celestial kingdom, the terrestrial kingdom or the telestial kingdom. Those who did not repent of their sins will live in the telestial kingdom. Those who lived good lives but did not accept the fullness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ will go to the terrestrial kingdom. Those who accepted the Gospel of Jesus Christ and were faithful in keeping God’s commandments will live in the celestial kingdom. In the celestial kingdom we can live with God, Jesus Christ and our families forever.
I know that this is God’s plan and that it is a perfect plan. There is so much mercy in this plan and it is perfectly balanced with justice.
I look forward with great anticipation to the resurrection. What a glorious, amazing day that will be! My sister, Whitney, has lived and will continue to live with the handicap of Down Syndrome during her life. How wonderful it will be in that day of resurrection when her body and mind will be made perfect and restored with her great spirit. I cannot wait to talk with her and hug her on that day.
I take great comfort from the judgement. With God as our judge we can be assured that His judgement will be perfect for He perfectly know all of our thoughts, circumstances, motivations, influences, etc. And He loves us perfectly. With these things His judgement will perfectly balance justice and mercy.
Death is not the end. We will see our families and others that we love after this life. How grateful I am for that. It is truly comforting and inspiring.
I want to live in the celestial kingdom someday with my Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ and my family forever. I want to do all that I can now to be ready to live there. I want to live the gospel of Jesus Christ with all my heart, to keep the commandments and follow the example of Jesus Christ.
I know this is God’s plan and I know that it is perfect. We may sometimes feel that our lives do not fit in to this plan. I have felt that. I know though that it is the plan of happiness-it has brought us happiness before this life and can continue to bring us happiness during this life and after it if we will choose to follow God. How great is the plan of our God- the plan of happiness.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment